Friday, March 27, 2009

I'm Back...

I haven't been doing much to blog about lately.  I've taken some more beach walks, which is probably one of my favorite things to do.  As evidenced below,  I do more looking at the beach than at scenery when I do it.  Here are some little sand cones I found one time.  I think they must be made by worms.  They average about an inch in length.  I've only seen them the one time in my 32 years here.  I added the shell fossil (top right) for fun.


Another first find in Juneau.... a giant barnacle!  To the untrained eye, it's not a thing of beauty, but it was my treasure for the day.  The barnacle on the right is a little larger than the normal size around here.  The base is about one inch across.  The one I found on the left is about two inches across and one and a half inches tall.  



Speaking of eye:
Hannah helped me pick out new glasses today.  I'll post a picture of them in a couple weeks.

Since Mick has gotten a new I Mac, I've been working on loading my 28 video tapes onto it and working on editing and putting them on DVD.  It took me 2 hours to edit a 4 minute movie, so I think this will be a long-term project.        Ta Ta for now....

2 comments:

  1. Yay, I''m so glad you posted again. I keep checking. :-) I'd love to go on a beach walk with you, you always find the most interesting things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa! That is a huge barnacle! I love you mommy!

    ReplyDelete